Once again, Santa is helping us with a special family activity open to all ages and a fun way for friends and family to experience Crestwood!
The Basics: Each Thursday starting on November 12th as well as December 5th, we will publish Clue Photos depicting Santa visiting various locations within Crestwood. Your task will be for you and/or your team to recreate the photo and submit it for entry into a prize drawing. There is a special award for creativity, too!
BONUS: Keep an eye out for Santa this Summer! The jolly old elf is spending some time in Crestwood and authorized his Jollification Specialists to start his Scavenger Hunt early. Keep on the lookout for a clue on the 12th of each month starting in July! But if you don’t find them right away, don’t worry. The clues will still be there through December 31.
- Review each Clue Photo to determine its location within Crestwood, go to the location to take a new photo.
- Entry Photo must include individuals or team members positioned where Santa is located in the Clue. Have some fun!
- Entry Photo should closely resemble Clue Photo, including as many features as possible, but you can disregard time of day, people, and vehicles.
- Entry Photos shall be submitted via email to WheresSantaScavengerHunt@gmail.com
- Each submission email should include entrant’s full name, name of team (if applicable), and contact phone number.
- Entry Photos may be submitted over the course of the contest, or all at the same time, but no later than midnight on December 31st
Please be respectful of all property when participating.
CLICK HERE for the Scavenger Hunt Information Sheet
SCAVENGER HUNT GENERAL INFORMATION
- Contest Dates: November 12th through December 31st
- Contest open to residents and non-residents of all ages, teams encouraged, but photos must be submitted by one individual 18 years of age or older.
- Participants shall participate either individually or as part of a team (i.e. if you are on a team you cannot also submit photos as an individual).
- Participants must be at each location when taking the Entry Photo. Limited photographic manipulation is acceptable (e.g. adding digital props or using application filters).
- New Clue Photos will be published every Thursday from November 12th to December 24th (plus the 12th of each month July through October) on the Christmas in Crestwood Facebook Page and at www.ChristmasInCrestwood.org.
- There are a total of 47 photographic opportunities. Minimum of 24 correct Entry Photos required to be eligible for the prize drawing. Each correct Entry Photo equals one entry into the prize drawing.
- Those who submit all 47 correct Entry Photos will also be entered into the bonus prize drawing.
- Prizes awarded as follows:
- Standard Participation (Basic) Drawing: Goods and Services from Crestwood Businesses.
- 100% Grand Prize Drawing: Goods and Services from Crestwood Businesses.
- Most Creative Recognition: Prize TBD
- Most Creative submissions will be reviewed and a winner will be determined by Santa and Christmas in Crestwood volunteers (no minimum entry required).
- Winners will be notified in January, 2022.
- Prizes will be presented to the winner in each category at the Board of Alderman meeting in January, 2022.