2022 Essay Contest theme: “What I Love About Crestwood”.
In honor of Crestwood’s 75th Anniversary this year, write an essay describing what you love about Crestwood.
Everyone has a different reason why they love Crestwood. Maybe it’s just one thing, maybe it’s several things.
- Perhaps why you love this place has to do with working in Crestwood or enjoying meals around town.
- Maybe why you love our city has to do with where you go to school or some event you attended here.
- Possibly why you love being here has to do with the people you hang out with in Crestwood, or something from your childhood, back in the day.
Whatever your thing is, tell us!
- Student Contestants should write a 1- to 2-page essay
- Adult Contestants should write a 2- to 3-page essay
- The essay can be handwritten or typed, but must be legible (if handwritten please use black/blue ink or a pencil)
- Completed essay with entry form may be dropped off in the Christmas in Crestwood mailbox located in front of City Hall or mailed to:
Christmas in Crestwood
1 Detjen Drive
Crestwood, MO 63126
CLICK HERE for an Entry Form
ESSAY CONTEST GENERAL INFORMATION
- Contest Dates: November 12 through December 31
- Student Contestants include children in grades K-12 who live in Crestwood, are relatives of those who work, live, or worship in Crestwood, or who attend Lindbergh Schools or any school in Crestwood
- Adult Contestants include anyone 18 years or older who are not eligible for a student group, and who now or in the past lived, worked, played, or worshiped in Crestwood
- Four categories with one winner in each category: students in grades K-3, 4-6, or 7-12 and Adults age 18 and older
- Prizes include age-appropriate goods and services from Crestwood Businesses with a minimum value over $200.
- All essays must be received or postmarked by 5:00 pm on Saturday, December 31, 2022
- Winners will be notified in January, 2023
- Essays will be reviewed and winners will be determined by the Crestwood Aldermen, City Administrator, and Mayor
- Prizes will be presented to the winner in each category at the Board of Alderman meeting in January, 2023