Each year since our founding, Christmas in Crestwood volunteers strive to provide opportunities for children, families, and adults to join the fun and enjoy our community while discovering Crestwood businesses and all our community has to offer. From chances to see Santa in Crestwood, fun contests, and fireworks, there is something for all ages to enjoy.
This year, our Winter Wonderland is back! Hosted at St. Raymond-St. Elizabeth Church, inside the gymnasium families find themselves immersed in fun and Christmas cheer. Brought to you in part by the generous Crestwood Business Community, the magic includes fun activities for kids, face painting, clowns, goody bags, raffles, treats, and snapshots with Santa!
Crestwood was established as a Village on November 12, 1947. The spirit of Crestwood’s 75th Anniversary is a reflection on the rich history of the City beyond its Sappington, Long, Eddie, and Park heritage. Crestwood, its businesses, and its residents continue to proudly build a community of strong neighbors, memorable programs, and dynamic firsts at the City, County, Region, and State levels. For 75 years Crestwood has proven itself a gem in the St. Louis region, earning a special place in the hearts of anyone who find themselves within its boundaries.
The City of Crestwood has organized anniversary celebrations throughout the year. Visit www.Crestwood75.org for more anniversary event details and Crestwood history.
In recognition, Christmas in Crestwood begins its year-end festivities on November 12, 2022, and will continue the celebration through December 31, 2022.
Let’s Light Up Crestwood with Color and Cheer: We are not having organized decorating contests this year, but we encourage everyone — businesses and residents — to decorate and light up Crestwood with joy and friendship this holiday season.
Essay Contest for Students and Adults Theme: “What I Love About Crestwood”
Click here (or follow the link in the right-hand navigation) for details about the essay contest and how to submit entries. Contest open to students and adults.
- Student Contestants include children in grades K-12 who live in Crestwood, are relatives of those who work, live, or worship in Crestwood, or who attend Lindbergh Schools or any school in Crestwood.
- Adult Contestants include anyone 18 years or older who are not eligible for a student group, and who now or in the past lived, worked, played, or worshiped in Crestwood.
- Four categories with one winner in each category: students in grades K-3, 4-6, or 7-12 and Adults age 18 and older. Prizes include age-appropriate goods and services from Crestwood Businesses with a minimum value over $750.
Where’s Santa? Photographic Scavenger Hunt
Everyone knows Crestwood has the best Santa and this season he is helping us with a special family activity open to all ages and a fun way for friends and family to experience Crestwood!
The Basics: Starting on November 12, 2022, we will publish Clue Photos depicting Santa visiting various locations within Crestwood. Your task will be for you and/or your team to recreate the photo and submit it for entry into a prize drawing. There is a special award for creativity, too!
Click here (or follow the link in the right-hand navigation) for more contest details.
December 3rd Santa is Coming to Crestwood!
An afternoon and evening of holiday fun and giving!
- WINTER WONDERLAND and KIDS’ WORKSHOP. Brought to you in part by the generous Crestwood Business Community, the magic from 1:00 to 3:30 pm includes fun activities for kids, face painting, clowns, goody bags, raffles, treats, and snapshots with Santa!
- GOODY BAG FOOD DRIVE. Starting at 1:00 pm, trade five (or more) non-perishable food items for one children’s goody bag filled with kid-friendly trinkets, simple non-perishable treats, small toys, and more — donated from businesses throughout Crestwood! Available to the first 200 donators. Collected food donated to local Crestwood food pantries. (no glass containers please; goody bags exchanged on a first-come basis)
- SANTA CAR CRUISE through Crestwood. Our car cruise hits the road at 3:45 pm and will include a myriad of decked out vehicles escorting Santa throughout Crestwood. Interested in being in the car cruise? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. (Single vehicles, no trailers, decorations encouraged.)
- FOOD TRUCKS! Food truck service begins at 2:00 pm and continues until 7:00 pm
- FIREWORKS by Brilliant Skies Fireworks, sponsored by Tom Streib and Streib Company. Display begins at 6:30pm. Launched from the St. Raymond-St. Elizabeth Church ball field. Join us in the parking lot or from your other favorite vantage point.
Click here (or follow the link in the right-hand navigation) for more December 3rd details.
Shop Crestwood for the Holidays!
We continue to thank our Christmas in Crestwood sponsors and supporters. In our Shopping Guide, we highlight gift ideas and specials from our wonderful Crestwood businesses. These great gift ideas help you shop local and keep your gift-giving creative (they will never guess what they are going to get). Shopping in Crestwood supports our local businesses, which supports our community, which keeps our taxes from rising — win, win, win.
Click here (or follow the link in the right-hand navigation) for more Shopping Guide details.
Christmas in Crestwood Radio
Back by popular demand, the St. Louis Classic Rock Preservation Society will once again host Christmas and holiday music from 12:01 am on December 1 through midnight December 31. You can listen to the internet radio station by visiting www.stlouisclassicrock.com.
Music selections are made by Crestwood businesses, City leaders, and churches. Tune in online for the best holiday music on the planet — around-the-clock and commercial-free!